|Registration and Abstract submission opens:||1 September 2018|
|Extended abstracts submission closes:||15 November 2018|
|Decisions concerning abstracts||30 November 2018|
|Early bird fee must be paid before||15 December 2018|
|The registration closes||2 January 2019|
|The conference "Forests at risk: Białowieża and beyond":||12-15 February 2019|
The conference fee covers costs of conference participation, coffee breaks and lunch on 12 and 13 February 2019. The participants must take care of their accommodation during the conference on their own.
All fees include VAT tax.
|The conference fee must be paid to:|
|please write your name and the explanation
"conference fee" at the money transfer
Conference fee options
The field trip fee covers costs of travel from Warsaw to Białowieża and back, accommodation and meals in Białowieża and entrance fees to the National Park.
Caution! The registration to the field trip is closed
The Programme and the Book of Abstracts will not be printed. For the sake of nature! Print yourself those parts, which you will need at the conference.
Dear Participants of the conference "Forests at risk: Białowieża and beyond":
- The conference registration will open at 8 AM on February 12 at the conference venue: Faculty of Biology of the University of Warsaw (Miecznikowa 1, Warsaw);
- The posters should be A0 or A1 format, vertical orientation - the place to hang it will be communicated to you during the registration;
- The oral presentations will be 12 minutes + 3 minutes for questions and discussion (strict!). The preferred presentation format is MS Office PowerPoint or pdf, slide dimensions 4:3.
- The presenters of the first sessions (1A and 1B) are urged to send their presentations on the conference e-mail (directly or via wetransfer.com service) prior to the conference, on 11 February the latest. The file should be named according to the formula: the session number the name of the presenter (e.g.: 1A_Brzeczyszczykiewicz).
- The other presenters are advised to send their presentations prior to the conference as well. If not send earlier, all presentations must be uploaded at registration desk at least one session earlier.
The Scientific Committee of the conference "Forests at risk: Białowieża and beyond" (Warsaw-Białowieża, Poland, 12-15 February 2019) is soliciting abstracts for contributed talks and posters.
Abstracts (in English) for contributed talks and posters can be submitted on any aspect related to conservation of forest biodiversity with special attention to the conservation of natural forests and the risks they are facing. We do not discriminate abstracts based on the scientific discipline as long as there is a link to conservation of natural and close-to-natural forest ecosystems, their importance to biodiversity conservation and human wellbeing. Talks will be 15 minutes in total, including 3 minutes for questions (12+3). The total length of the abstract (without names of the authors and their affiliations) is 1850 characters (with spaces) with a maximum of 3 numbered key references.
All abstracts will be peer reviewed by members of the Scientific Committee.
All accepted abstracts will be published in the "Book of abstracts" as a pdf. Due to limited number of oral presentation slots, some presentations may be changed from oral to poster, according to the Scientific Committee recommendations and ranking.
To submit an abstract, please fill the registration form (submission opens 1 of September, 2018).
If you have questions about your submission or accessing your account please contact the Organizing Committee.